As a Social Worker or Counselor, you will:
· Provide a wide range of social work/counseling services to an assigned caseload of patients, which includes family members and outpatient providers, in order to support established treatment plan goals and discharge plans.
· Consult with family members and patients in order to complete Psychosocial Evaluations at time of admission.
· Facilitate daily group psychotherapy sessions virtually with other members of the treatment team in order to provide psychoeducation and opportunities for group members to process emotions.
· Conduct family meetings with patients and their parents/guardians to ensure continuity of care towards mental health goals following discharge, as well as establishing safety plans for all patients.
· Work as a part of a treatment team including psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses, and mental health workers to ensure that each patient is receiving individualized, needs based services that will be beneficial to the patient’s mental health.
- Master’s degree in social work and a MD state LMSW, LCSW-C, LGPC, or LCPC license.
- All new clinical staff will begin their extended clinical orientation/training immediately following your first day of employment.
*If position is filled by an LMSW, individual will be required to receive 144 hours of supervision provided by a board-approved SPHS LCSW-C supervisor and is expected to apply and sit for the LCSW-C license within 2 to 3 years of acceptance of LMSW role. Will be required to participate in a minimum of 3 hours of face-to-face supervision per month with the LCSW-C supervisor. Will be responsible for maintaining documentation, for at least 5 years, of supervisory sessions including dates, duration, and focus of supervision, to be available for verification to the Board.