Join us this fall for a part-time internship opportunity to gain the skills, work experience and networking you need to start building a successful and fulfilling career! Here at Signode, we take great pride in developing the up-and-coming stars of tomorrow. Through our hands-on internship program, you will have a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a global leader and, in turn, contribute your knowledge and expertise to support the organization’s growth during a time of exciting transformation.
We are looking for a part-time Manufacturing Engineering Intern to join our Automation & Packaging Technologies (APT) Platform, supporting our Loveshaw facility in South Canaan, PA.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN:
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern will be tasked to work on critical projects that delivery results and make a lasting impact to the Automation & Packaging Technologies (APT) business. The intern will work closely with the manufacturing engineering team deploying Lean fundamentals throughout the operations floor.
- Investigate, develop/modify and propose changes to process, including updating Standard Work Documents.
- Identify, compile, and present next generation manufacturing layout, parts and product flow, and material movement.
- Analyze, design, and implement fixtures/ jigs to improve assembly efficiency.
- Operations Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, and Mechanical)
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Student Pursuing Undergraduate or Graduate degree in engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Computer, or Software).
- Will have completed Sophomore year of study at least.
- Previous experience with updating and compiling Standard Work Instructions.
- Previous experience with Time Studies or Yamazumi charts.
- Understanding of Lean/Six Sigma fundamentals.
- Results Oriented – ability to timely complete tasks given.
- Team oriented – is willing to work on the manufacturing floor.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with CAD systems a plus (Solidworks preferred).
Applicants are responsible for boarding and transportation.
Thank you for your interest in Signode. We are looking forward to working with you!