For over 35 years, Simon-Kucher & Partners has helped growth stage to Global Fortune 500 companies address their most critical business challenges. We help our clients grow their revenue by assessing and making recommendations on strategy, pricing, marketing and sales.
Globalization is a core element of our own company goals and growth strategy. Today we are an international and multilingual team of over 1,500 full-time employees from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds in over 40 offices around the world. Founded by three PhD’s, their vision was to use scientific methods to address real-life business problems and help companies thrive.
The Simon-Kucher Digital Practice team focuses on developing best-in-class approaches and models to solve complex business problems using Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics.
At Simon-Kucher & Partners, you will be an integral part of the project teams working to drive top-line growth for our clients. As a Data Engineer at Simon-Kucher, you will have responsibility for large data management processes during client projects. You will develop and automate robust processes to extract, transform and load large, scattered, and unstructured data sets into clean and powerful analysis cubes, which form a fundamental basis of our business recommendations. In addition, you will identify, tackle and implement internal data process and technology improvements.
In addition, you will keep an eye on the fast-changing market of and help further develop Simon-Kucher’s analytical offerings. Your continued involvement and efforts will enable Simon-Kucher & Partners to become a thought-leader in the analytical applications for pricing, sales and marketing strategies.
· Generate large and multi-dimensional analysis cubes based on client data
· Validate data and ensure completeness, correctness, and relevance for meaningful analyses
· Develop and automate analytical tools based on the generated cubes that provide Marketing, Sales and Pricing insights
· Advise and support clients on how to design, implement and automate robust ETL processes
· Work with internal and external business and technology experts across the world
· Detect, solve, and implement internal process and technology improvements as well as create, optimize, and maintain new and existing data transfer channels
· Master’s or bachelor’s degree (business, economics, computer science, or engineering preferred)
· Proven capabilities to build and maintain large and complex data sets
· Experience in structuring and automating ETL processes based on scattered and unstructured data sources
· Experience with relational data management software and languages (esp. SQL)
· Proven knowledge about analytical/BI software and languages (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Python, R…)
· Familiarity with big data technologies (e.g., NoSQL databases, Hadoop & distributed file systems, or stream processing technologies) are a strong plus
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving mindset
· Pro-active, reliable attitude and enthusiasm for working in teams
Simon-Kucher & Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or militarily status, or any other legally protected status.