For over 35 years, Simon-Kucher & Partners has helped growth stage to Global Fortune 500 companies address their most critical business challenges. We help our clients grow their revenue by assessing and making recommendations on strategy, pricing, marketing and sales.
Globalization is a core element of our own company goals and growth strategy. Today we are an international and multilingual team of over 1,500 full-time employees from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds in over 40 offices around the world. Founded by three PhD’s, their vision was to use scientific methods to address real-life business problems and help companies thrive.
The Simon-Kucher Data Science team is a group of data scientists who develop best-in-class approaches and models to solve complex business problems using Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics.
As a Data Scientist at Simon-Kucher & Partners, you will be an integral part of the project teams working to drive top-line growth for our clients. You will be responsible for the core components of the model development process, from data wrangling / pre-processing to Machine Learning model development, testing, and implementation. Throughout this process, you will also gather and communicate meaningful data insights to your project team.
In addition, you will keep an eye on the fast-changing market of advanced analytics and help further develop Simon-Kucher’s Data Science offerings. Your continued involvement and efforts will enable Simon-Kucher & Partners to become a thought-leader on the applications of Machine Learning and AI to pricing, sales and marketing strategies.
· Data wrangling, extraction, and pre-processing in SQL or Python
· Conducting exploratory data analysis and communicating insights through clear descriptions and visualizations in Tableau or PowerBI
· Developing, testing, and implementing Machine Learning models
· Conducting research on recent developments in Machine Learning and AI, with a focus on topics related to pricing, sales, and marketing
· Being a topic expert on Machine Learning and AI for your project team, enabling strong project planning and team performance
· Degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, engineering, statistics, operations research, data science, or equivalent experience
· Experience with Machine Learning and statistical modelling techniques
· Strong programming skills in R and/or Python
· Experience applying advanced analytics and Machine Learning to solve business problems
· Experience with data visualization software / libraries (Tableau, PowerBI)
· Comfort working both on a team and autonomously
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to simply and concisely explain complex analytical topics
· Entrepreneurial spirit—we are a fast-growing team with vast opportunities for growth
· Implementation experience with Machine Learning models and applications
· Knowledge of cloud-based Machine Learning engines (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
· Experience with large scale data processing tools (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
· Ability to query and program databases (SQL, No SQL)
· Experience with distributed ML frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
· Familiarity with collaborative software tools (Git, Jira, etc.)
· Experience with user interface libraries / applications (Shiny, Django, etc.)
· Domain expertise in pricing, demand forecasting, or time-series data
Simon-Kucher & Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or militarily status, or any other legally protected status.