SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia’s Best Places to Work, is looking for a Program Management Analyst to join our team! The Program Management Analyst, as a technical/scientific resource on the program/project, assists in the development of advanced project management models and forecasting resource requirements, and resolving moderately complex contractual issues. The Program Management Analyst in this position must have skills beyond the average. In addition to performing normal PA duties, the candidate will work with Project Managers and Directors to bridge the gap between business objectives and technology capabilities. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, proven analytical skills, the ability to identify subtle or overlooked problems, and implementing solutions to prevent re-occurrence. This person must be a dependable team player with a proven record of bringing cross-functional teams together.
- Assist in helping government client manage priorities, cost, and schedule by maintaining a highly detailed database
- Interface with customers to ensure timeliness and meeting of all sponsor requirements
- Provide professional and informed inputs to program artifacts
- Prepare and assist in presenting formal status briefings
- Assist in facilitating meetings, capturing minutes and action items
- Applies specific professional-level functional knowledge to solve problems requiring the identification and analysis of moderately complex variables.
- Takes action to solve problems/issues that routinely arise in areas of assigned responsibility, but may receive guidance or expertise from higher-level staff on more complex problems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledgeable in common Navy processes
- Skilled in assisting customers with planning, execution, and management of project requirements
- Possess strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with typical office MS applications (Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Knowledgeable in common Navy and/or Marine Corps processes
- Previous experience with database development or support
Education: Bachelors degree preferred not required, and 3 – 5 years of experience, or equivalent relevant work
Minimum Clearance: Secret
Travel (if applicable): Occasional local travel
Location: Fredericksburg, VA