At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Quality Team for a 12-week internship experience.
Our focus is to advance the supply chain’s data driven decisioning and to provide a unique and beneficial learning experience.OurPlant Quality Engineer Intern will conduct focused project work in support of the development of the Sleep Number quality system vision and framework at a specific site. In this position they will support conducting an internal system assessment, identify current state, and developing the future vision/value proposition to create an integrated quality system. The focus will be on COPQ metrics, quality data analysis, and centralizing the QMS. The Plant Quality Engineer Intern will assist in establishing the quality system framework and support the cross functional development of the proposed solution.
In this role the selected candidate will support the iterative-scaled implementation of the quality system across the business. Establish processes to continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the quality system.
Specific projects may include:
Quality system current state assessment
- Support data analysis and metric tracking for COPQ
- Identify the key quality processes of Sleep Number’s Quality Management System
- Assist in identifying a collaborative digital quality tool for use across all sites to support Quality Systems.
Quality system vision, value proposition & execution
- Establish a uniform method of measuring COPQ that is efficient and provides a clear focus for problem solving activities.
- Support the development of the quality system vision and framework for execution of Quality Systems across Sleep Number
- Support defining/selecting the digital quality system that integrates customers, suppliers, and business enterprise.
- Leverage system owners to implement changes within the facilities
Quality system governance & continuous improvement
- Establish and maintain full COPQ with efficient data analysis to provide actionable focus for production sites.
- Support implementation of digital quality tools/data governance process to ensure data integrity and on-going tool improvements for efficient performance.
- Apply project management principals to ensure timely and cost-effective implementation and completion of projects.
- Establish and maintain KPI’s for effectiveness of digital quality system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to collaboratively work with leaders on scope of work and outcome. Once established, self-directed to accomplish tasking.
- Analytical mind-set experienced using problem solving techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an engineering discipline or related field.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting,hiringand promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.