Trident Technologies is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support The Missile Defense Agency’s Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Weapons System Project Office in Huntsville, AL.
The Senior Systems Engineer will perform a variety of systems engineering tasks related to the development, operation, sustainment and general lifecycle needs of the THAAD Weapon System. The successful Senior Systems Engineer will analyze integration of THAAD Weapon System processes and methodologies to ensure effectiveness of total system performance. The ideal candidate will support key system level activities in the deployment of state-of-the-art systems by serving as a professional staff member alongside the Governments team. The selected candidate must be organized and effective in communicating plans, requirements, results and information to customers at a variety of management levels and technical backgrounds.
• Inclusion of Warfighter inputs in THAAD system development
• Analysis of new missile defense threats
• Preparation and presentation of briefings and technical reviews to THAAD program office & MDA leadership
• Leading and supporting THAAD system technical reviews related to sustainment and lifecycle needs
• Defining technology upgrades and methods for implementation
• Tracking Missile Defense System Phased Implementation Plan to ensure THAAD compliance
• Determining Cyber, Hardware and Software obsolescence mitigations for both US and FMS systems
• Integration of new Hardware & Software into the THAAD weapons system and emerging/legacy missile defense systems
• BS degree and typically 8+ years of related professional experience.
• Active Secret Clearance (or ability to restore immediately) required
• Hardware/Software integration experience required with emphasis on radar
• Familiarity with missile defense system threat modelling/analysis methods
• A proven self-starter able to work individually with limited supervision, and capable of working in small to large focus groups assigned to complex tasks.
- Bachelors degree -Engineering
- THAAD weapon system experience highly desired
- Familiarity with Digital and/or Model Based Systems Engineering methods
- Principles of radar
- Master’s Degree in technical field desired
Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Trident Technologies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Trident Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.