Internship Purpose & Description: The IT Help Desk intern will provide Desktop Support in a Microsoft Environment, PC maintenance and mobile device provisioning that is responsive to end user needs, assist with patching and upgrading devices, assist with implementation of Intune mobile device management system as needed, and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides exceptional customer service to computer users, vendors, and stakeholders.
· Uses help desk software to receive, categorize, respond, and close out help desk tickets to ensure all requests and issues are resolved in a timely basis. Escalates issues to Systems Administrator to resolve issues. Reports progress to Systems Administrator on tickets.
· Assists with patching and upgrading computer operating systems, firmware, and software to ensure known vulnerabilities have been remediated.
· Assists with installing and monitoring endpoint security solutions ensuring antivirus, antimalware, and web filtering is maintained to support security requirements for the agency.
· Maintains an inventory of computer systems and related gear ensuring full life cycle management from purchase to disposition.
· Assists with employee on-boarding, off-boarding and change management for equipment and applications.
· Participates on an Information Security project team to implement Microsoft Intune for Windows and iOS devices as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Enrollment in a college or technical institute with degree or program focused on software development, information systems technology, or information security.
· Experience working as a team member.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
· Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
· Effective interpersonal skills.
· Ability to understand issues and solve technology problems.
· Ability to interpret technical documents and computer terminology.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Windows 10 and Apple iOS devices.
· Must be a United States citizen or eligible for employment in the United States.
· Incumbent must not have been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a felony or any offense deemed a barrier crime in the state of Virginia.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
· Must maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information in the course of duties
· Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperatures, noise, odors, etc.
· Subject to regular interruptions to handle emergency situations.
· May include remote work and virtual teamwork.
· Ability to wear a mask to comply with COVID-19 requirements
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to, personal computer, calculator, copier and fax machine. Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing and pulling required. Must be able to travel to the field (outside of the office) in order to provide service and attend meetings using personal vehicle.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President of Information Technology and is assigned to work collaboratively with our Systems Administrator and Infrastructure and Operations Manager.
To apply, please contact:
Alison Jones-Nassar, CVA
Volunteer Engagement Manager, SOAR365