Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
Socure is looking to hire a talented Cloud Security Engineer to join our team. As one of the early members of our Information Security team, you will focus on security aspects of Socure’s cloud infrastructure. This role can be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide subject matter expertise on cloud security across teams, ensure design and implementation conform to security requirements
- Communicate security requirements to relevant stakeholders and work with engineering teams to ensure shared success
- Understand end-to-end systems architecture and identify areas and solutions for improvement
- Partner with Product and Engineering to refine Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), incorporating security development best practices, testing and auditing.
- You will be evaluating and driving security improvements in Socure’s software infrastructure and frameworks
What You’ll Bring:
- Extensive experience as a security engineer in a public cloud environment (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Experience working in or collaborating with small product teams, where security is a key consideration
- Advanced manual testing skills
- Deep understanding of SAST/DAST solutions and strategies for maximizing their value
- A genuine passion for security! We seek individuals who have the curiosity and desire to learn and stay on top of emerging security threats and technologies.
- Nice to haves: professional Java development experience, OpenStack, strong statistics background, Agile, familiarity with Mitre Att&ck framework
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity – every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Free meals, snacks, and drinks…and so much more
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure’s number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.