Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
About the Team:
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Pre-Sales team to be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
Data Science is core to Socure’s business, and the Pre-Sales team has a direct impact on driving Socure’s growth. As Senior Data Scientist, you will not only leverage your experience developing algorithms and analyzing large data sets, but also have an opportunity to work in partnership with Socure’s commercial team and with customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms.
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models and algorithms to drive innovative correlations for fraud and acceptance data as well as social data.
- Provide analytic support to the data science team.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Implement new data modeling solutions and improvements to existing solutions.
- Report out on product/project status to senior management and clients.
- Work well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of data science experience, and experience working in a client facing role
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning and working with distributed systems.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF.
- Understanding of: Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB.
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
- Programming experience in (1 or more): Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala.
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity – every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure’s number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.