Work for Our Water Resources.
Dive in, explore your potential, and commit to a cause that matters—for today and generations to come. Take up challenges that take on greater meaning by the day. Drive a variety of projects and initiatives with life-changing impact. Be part of an entrepreneurial team that is committed to preserving one of our most vital resources. And build a career that can become your life’s work with the Southwest Florida Water Management District (District).
Join our Procurement Services Office
and make a lasting impact.
This is your chance to gain hands-on working experience in our Procurement Services Office. You will have the opportunity to learn how to assist end users with requests for quotes, maintaining insurance certificates and insurance records, and assisting with the overall maintenance of procurement related documents and files. In joining our team, you’ll play an important role in enhancing the results to ensure a brighter future for the environment of Florida.
For helping to maintain our valuable water resources as a student, we offer:
- Training and Development: Having a successful career takes more than technical training. The District helps our staff develop additional skill sets, such as emotional intelligence, time management, customer service, conflict resolution, communications and more. As an intern, you are eligible to attend these on-site trainings.
- Employee Assistance Program: Provides confidential assistance and support in a wide variety of areas important to an employee’s well-being, including but not limited to work and life balance, stress management, coping with family issues, financial advice, legal and workplace problems, addictions, student loan assistance and any other personal issues adversely affecting quality of life.
- Wellness Program: Your Health Matters is designed to encourage employees to engage in healthier lifestyle behaviors through the achievement of health and fitness goals. The program includes classes on health and fitness topics, District campus walking routes, a fitness challenge, tobacco-cessation resources, an ergonomics program, discount programs, incentives and other resources. Participation in wellness program activities is voluntary.
Compensation: $11.58 hourly
- Load procurement documents into SharePoint
- Submit files for records retention
- Assist end users with requests for quotes
- Maintain insurance certificates and insurance records
- Provide excellent customer service
Required Credentials for Procurement Services Student Intern Opportunity
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Be at least part-time current enrollment in an accredited college, university, or other recognized educational or vocational program
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students or minimum GPA of 3.0 for graduate students
- Upload Unofficial Transcript to application or profile
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Credentials for Procurement Services Student Intern Opportunity
- Preferred Degrees: Procurement, Finance, or related degree
- Preferred Degree Level: Undergraduate
The District will determine eligibility for employment solely from the information provided on a District employment application. A resume will not be considered as a substitute for the information requested on the application for purposes of qualification. All applicants are required to complete, in full, a District employment application. Any application that is not complete, including work experience, education, licenses & certifications (if applicable), and application question, will not undergo consideration for the position.