Accelerating innovation in space; R&D and Manufacturing in Space to Create a Better Future for Humanity.
Space Tango is creating a global market for health and technology applications in low-Earth orbit through the innovative design and automation of in-space hardware. Recognized for our expertise in the design, build, and operation of integrated systems, Space Tango’s dynamic team is dedicated to collaborative problem-solving encouraged by a culture of innovation, iteration, and a passion for humanity. At Space Tango, you have a chance to change the world from space.
Space Tango, located in Lexington, KY has a current opportunity for a Biological Sciences Intern responsible for assisting with the development, integration, and testing of CubeLab systems to execute the intended goals of specific microgravity investigations and continual internal improvement projects.
- Take ownership of individual task assignments and ensure they are completed according to schedule.
- Produce high-quality and reliable task products.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation associated with specific tasks.
- Share novel ideas with team members that could improve existing or developing designs.
- Maintain consistent communication with internship mentor.
- Participate in communication within project teams and functional teams.
- Maintain the highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 1+ year completion toward a degree in Software / Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Familiarity with: Software Version Control (git or svn)
- Python, C/C++, bash, Linux
- Use of electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, benchtop power supply, etc)
- Organizational skills
- Report Writing
- Previous Hands-On or Project Experience
- 1+ year technical working experience in a related environment
- Knowledge of: GUI development
- Spaceflight payload design
- Amazon Web Services
- API usage
- Image Processing
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus on common project goals
- Attention to detail and creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both a technical and non-technical audience
- Motivated for self, team, and company success
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques from both external and internal sources
- Continued documentation of existing and new software
- Write and test code to satisfy user requirements
- Work with existing team members to ensure requirements are properly met and documented
- Work with Electrical / Firmware and Mechanical team members to support payload buildup and operations
- Maintain existing software products, identify bugs and software fixes
- Work with senior developers to safely roll out changes
- Research new software modules and processes that could improve Space Tango products and provide a summary document
- Hands-on operation of payload hardware
- Take detailed notes of daily work (notebook to stay at Space Tango for future reference of work)
Due to launch windows, Space Tango hires interns for extended cycles that typically span two academic semesters. The Fall Cycle begins in August and ends in May. The Spring Cycle begins in January and ends in August. The Summer Cycle begins in May and ends in December. Please be sure to double-check the application cycle noted in the position title.
Space Tango is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Space Tango is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.