Systems Engineer Associate
Location: Centennial, CO
Who We Are
Special Aerospace Services (SAS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing aerospace company. Ready to be a critical part of one of the most exciting times in space exploration? What started in 2007 with a small team of visionaries, is now a collaborative team of 100+ tenacious and steadfast specialists, acting as trusted partners to clients in the space industry. Our mission is to further humankind’s dreams in air and space, and together we are driven to innovate across engineering and mission-critical hardware.
SAS’ Engineering team is critical to executing our missions. As a Systems Engineer Associate, you will play a critical role and significantly impact the company and industry. Your role will include:
- Thriving in both technical compliance and risk assessment across cross-functional engineering disciplines
- Strengthen and build client and customer relationships
- A positive and collaborative interface
How You Will Be Rewarded
The annual salary for this role is $57, 260 to $77, 487. Compensation depends on the candidate’s work experience, education/training, and related skills.
SAS provides a total rewards approach to compensation, providing incentives and benefits far beyond base salary.
Working at SAS, you’ll be rewarded with:
- Incentive structure
- Unlimited paid time off (for qualifying FT employees)
- Generous employer-paid medical coverage
- Supplemental concierge medical services
- 401K Match
- Other insurance including dental and disability
- Fitness reimbursement
- Corporate giving
- Volunteer programs
You will be working in a flexible, team-based, founder-led culture with the opportunity to be among some of the industry’s foremost experts.
Who You Are
SAS looks for a person who is:
- Has a sense of ownership and accountability
- Is driven and achievement-oriented
- Is an independent self-starter
People who are most successful across SAS roles are:
- Collaborative and relational
- Strong communicators
- Humble, tenacious, and emotionally mature
- Trustworthy with high integrity
To qualify specifically for this role, we require candidates to have the following:
- BS degree in System Engineering/Aerospace or related discipline or related years of experience
- A minimum of 0 – 2 years of related experience generating, allocating, and verifying Aerospace vehicle and ground requirements across technical teams to identify and interpret technical requirements for aircraft/spacecraft subsystems
- Demonstrate experience with launch vehicle, missile, or satellite system requirements decomposition; compliance verification, and deriving and maintaining system/subsystem requirements and verification products
- Interpret and analyze specifications and data
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas and information to develop engineering solutions and solve complex issues, including in presentations to outside customers
- Able to analyze and evaluate the safety and reliability of systems and their components and interpret specifications and other data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical writing experience
- Able to speak comfortably in front of large groups
In addition, we are most interested in candidates who also have:
- Ability to work on multiple technical projects and customer requests in a fast-paced operations environment
- Job-related experience working with NASA programs, space systems, aviation, aerospace, satellite or launch vehicles
A background check and drug screen will be required before any hire. Due to our status as a federal contractor, US citizenship is required across all our roles.
Special Aerospace Services and SAS Flight Factory are Equal Opportunity employers. Because we believe that a diverse workforce creates an innovative and engaging environment, we are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.