Do you love to be the person who keeps everything running smoothly and on time?
Are you passionate about getting the details right and dedicated to delivering on commitments?
Are you equal parts process and problem-solving?
If so, we need you to be our next Supply Chain Specialist. The Supply Chain Specialist is a vital member of our Supply Chain team, working cross-functionally to oversee our supply chain operations and integrate the flow of information. You will ensure we meet customer and company requirements from projects to materials handling, production packaging, inventory, and global and domestic transportation. In this role, you will gain exciting exposure to international cultures while managing and improving our supply chain partners and systems and optimizing our production levels. You’ll act as the go-to person for purchasing and logistics activities, supporting our process from order requirement to delivery.
- You’ll coordinate all supply chain and logistic activities for domestic and international operations
- You’ll work with the Supply Chain Manager to improve supply chain processes, identifying any “pain points” or opportunities for continuous improvement
- You’ll manage product shipping schedules to the Spire Collective warehouse and 3PLs, including working with our international cargo carriers, and you will resolve any issues that arise
- You’ll place and monitor purchase orders with all vendors
- You’ll support the introduction of new products and ensure that supply plans are created optimally and get executed, supporting established timelines and goals
- You’ll track products moving from the new product development stage to initial production, including creating UPC numbers and labels for the factory, confirming all sizes, weights, carton markings, and on-time completion of documentation packages
- You’ll develop clear channels of communication between the Marketing, Demand Planning, Product, and Warehouse teams to ensure orderly and efficient information flows
- When Spire Collective creates new international partnerships, you’ll work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to transition production to these partners and build robust communication strategies
- You’ll develop strong relationships with our factories and manage non-technical projects (cost-saving initiatives, product updates) that will improve our current operations and help us scale
To succeed with us, you must bring:
- A drive to continuously improve – you pursue development for yourself and your work, finding ways to contribute to the increased success of the company
- Innovation – the ability to think differently about solving problems
- A growth mindset – you love constructive feedback because it helps you learn, and you give high-quality feedback to your colleagues, as well
- Excitement about uncharted territory – you don’t need an established playbook because you want to write a new one
In addition, to succeed as the Supply Chain Specialist, you must:
- Be highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and strong prioritization skills – you can work with the details but not lose sight of the big picture
- Bring a flexible and adaptable attitude to change focus when necessary in a growing and developing international supply chain environment
- Be a motivated self-starter, hungry to find ways to contribute and get things going without a high level of management oversight
- Bring strong interpersonal skills which promote cooperation and transparency with internal and external contacts – must be able to explain the big picture as we work with partners and create buy-in
- 2-6 years experience in the supply chain, logistics coordination, or similar field
- Demonstrated experience producing creative and straightforward solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated proficiency with G-Suite products (i.e., google sheets)
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (inventory planning, logistics, warehouse management)
- Strong project management, planning, negotiation, and communication skills
- Sensitivity to international cultural norms, including working and communication styles
- Knowledge of international business elements, including importing, exporting, trade agreements, and customs regulations and documentation
- Experience with a growing direct-to-consumer eCommerce and product company
- You’re an outdoor enthusiast!
Spire Collective is a team of creators working to solve challenging problems with innovative solutions. We are on a mission to make products that enhance people’s lives. We accomplish this by thinking differently about product design and being a little obsessed with continuous improvement – for ourselves, our team, our products, and our customers. Visit our website to learn more about our company, our Team, and our values. We’re a growing company looking for high performers to join us on our journey to becoming a globally recognized brand. We offer a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a focus on continuous improvement that delivers real growth for our employees as they help us solve our most significant challenges and build for the future.