Springfield Prep Charter School is seeking dynamic Teachers and Associate Teachers for the 2020-2021 School Year. While our students and staff are safe at home, we are still holding virtual interviews to continue building an incredible team for our deserving scholars.
We are seeking aspiring and current teachers from all backgrounds, majors, and experience levels. New to education or just want to improve your skills before taking on a classroom of your own? Our Associate Teacher program will provide you with incredible learning opportunities, continuous support, and helpful feedback so you can grow as an educator.
Read more about our school and our team below, or visit us at https://springfieldprep.org/careers
Who are we?
Springfield Prep Charter School is a K-5 (and growing to K-8) public charter school in Springfield, Massachusetts that puts all students on the path to college. Teachers, staff, and our wonderful family community work collaboratively to help our students achieve excellent academic results — our student performance and growth are among the highest in the state and we were one of a select group of schools recognized as a 2019 Massachusetts School of Recognition. We are driven by the belief that all children deserve a world-class education and that they can and will achieve when provided with high expectations, rigorous curriculum, and a joyful school culture.
What makes teaching at Springfield Prep different?
- 2 teachers per classroom in K-4: You will have a close colleague with whom you can collaborate and share responsibilities, helping you get great results for students.
- 1-on-1 coaching: With weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions, you will have opportunities to grow within the school community and support to achieve your goals.
- Dedicated professional development time: The school day ends for students at 12:30 pm every Friday so you can have professional development sessions and team meeting time.
- Extended prep time to focus on curriculum implementation: You will have a curriculum for all subjects so you can focus on making your lessons engaging and targeted to students’ needs. You’ll also have multiple daily prep periods and time for lunch so you can collaborate with colleagues and take less work home.
- Support systems & teams so you can focus on teaching: You’ll have highly capable operations, student support, and school culture teams so you can focus on great classroom instruction. Plus, you’ll have a stocked supply room and generous classroom budget for the materials you need, along with a competitive salary and full benefits.
Is this you?
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have classroom teaching experience and/or certification.
- You have a strong conviction that all students, regardless of their background, can achieve at the highest levels.
- You thrive on feedback and are looking for a positive staff culture where all adults are working together towards a common goal.
Our community and student body are diverse and we believe that we can best achieve our mission when our leadership, teachers, and staff reflect the identities of our students. We are therefore committed to being a diverse organization at all levels and strive to have a diverse applicant pool. With this in mind, we encourage teachers of all backgrounds to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Springfield Preparatory Charter School provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, disability, genetic information or any other category protected by federal or state law.