Braveworks, a team of developers, owners and operators shaping the landscape and purpose of our communities, seeks an experienced Bookkeeper to join their team in Houghton, Michigan.
This position works in office and will support the Controller for 7+ local companies.
The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled bookkeeper with exceptional analytical skills, superior attention to detail, and is committed to providing top-notch service to our staff, customers and vendors.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $22.00 – $30.00 per hour based on your knowledge and experience. The position offers health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation, and paid holidays. Final candidates may be required to undergo a background check and/or drug screen.
- 3 years’ work experience in bookkeeping or accounting preferred.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline preferred.
- Ability to monitor/review/verify accounting records, accounts, and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze problems through effective research, interaction and communication.
- Provides input for the development of accounting applications, reports, forms, records and documented procedures.
- Ability to maintain/protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Processes payroll by using payroll software.
- Proficiency with general office software (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred).
- Processes Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables.
- Process receipts, cash, credit card payments, invoices, shipping documents, etc.
- Prepares bank deposits; reconciles bank accounts.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- A pleasant demeanor that is warm and welcoming while answering phone calls and/or greeting customers and staff.
- Collaborate effectively with the Braveworks team to ensure clear communication of business goals.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at braveworks.hirescore.com
The Braveworks family of companies has been in business for more than 10 years, employing 100+ team members. We are committed to our community. Learn more about the company at thebraveworks.com