GS Engineering, a diverse, high-tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks an Electric Vehicle Engineer to join their team in Houghton, Michigan.
The Electric Vehicle Engineer will be responsible for electric vehicle development activities including high voltage systems, battery systems, control systems, autonomous capability integration, as well as serving as a technical subject matter expert for programs that may involve electric vehicles or vehicle components. This position provides a critical function within our team, developing solutions from concept through production.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $65,000 – $85,000 annually based on knowledge and experience in addition to a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and vacation days.
- Develop vehicle architectures from system conceptual level to component selection and integration.
- Serve as a technical expert on batteries, charging, and drive components in electric vehicles.
- Serve as a technical resource for advanced drive capabilities including tele-operated and fully autonomous vehicle systems.
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable standards including AutoSar, FMVSS, and electric charging standards.
- Identify and present opportunities for growth in team capabilities.
- Technically executes project work including development of charging architectures, electric drive architectures, control schemes, and software requirements development.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with electric vehicles and electric vehicle systems development required.
- Experience with hands-on integration and troubleshooting preferred.
- Professionalism, effective communication skills, organization, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel if needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.