ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks highly motivated, technically driven engineering students with an interest in heat transfer to join their team as Engineering Services Interns in your choice of Calumet, Michigan or Novi, Michigan. The Intern position will begin in 2022 and will be based on the successful candidates’ school schedule.
Engineering Services Interns work directly with full-time members of the TAI engineering staff to:
- Develop CAE based thermal models.
- Construct surface mesh to represent object being modeled.
- Collect material properties and boundary conditions to be assigned to simulation model.
- Set-up and run thermal models (TAITherm) and CFD models (Fluent or StarCCM+).
- Write utility programs (MatLab, Python, C++, etc.).
- Support Sales Team by developing marketing models/content.
- Support Development Team by testing TAITherm software.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $21.00 per hour. TAI places great value in their interns by providing a culture of intellectual excitement working with leading edge technology. Internships include pro-rated holiday pay and access to the company Employee Assistance Program.
- Completed college/university sophomore level or above.
- Experience working in a team/collaborative situation.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, written/verbal communication skills.
- Heat Transfer course work or experience.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
- Thermal Modeling and Surface Meshing experience.
- Experience using Solid Modeling tools such as ProE, Solidworks, etc.
- Setting up CFD models in Fluent or StarCCM+.
- Programming experience such as MatLab, Python, etc.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and online at tai.hirescore.com
ThermoAnalytics’ business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading-edge technology with the simple values of its rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve goals. ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at thermoanalytics.com.
VISIT US AT THE VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR. Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at Michigan Technological University. Learn more at mtu.edu/career/events/career-fair/fair/.