UPPCO seeks a Generation Technologist to join their team at the Victoria Hydroelectric Dam site in Rockland, Michigan.
This position is responsible for providing technical and maintenance support for electronic, electrical, and pneumatic control systems found in combustion turbines, hydroelectric plants or other electrical generation facilities. In addition, this position performs mechanical maintenance and operating duties as needed to ensure proper equipment operation. This position reports to the Generation Supervisor.
- Configure Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), PC, and other controls communication and interface hardware and/or software.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and tune process control loops and digital controls.
- Inspect, test, adjust, calibrate, repair and maintain electronic components and systems used in the control of electrical, electronic, mechanical and pneumatic equipment.
- Maintain data acquisition and handling systems.
- Perform preventive/corrective maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment and systems associated with electrical generating facilities.
- Diagnose/repair equipment malfunctions to ensure mechanical and electrical equipment function properly.
- Operate control panels and manual controls to regulate water levels, generators and auxiliary hydroelectric and combustion turbine generating equipment.
- Read gauges and meters to control specified water flow, water levels, and generation according to power demands, license requirements and safety factors.
- Maintain equipment in optimal condition, prevent premature failures, and ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Record data to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Attend company-sponsored classes and assist with on-the-job training for other employees.
- Must be able to communicate clearly using telephone and two-way radios.
- Perform snow removal, grounds keeping, pipeline, road, and plant maintenance tasks.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $40.76 per hour in addition to a comprehensive benefit package.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Technology or similarly named discipline, or substantially equivalent education, experience, or training required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in operations and/or maintaining electronic and electrical control systems in a hydroelectric generation or industrial environment required.
- Ability to read/understand ladder logic; program PLCs in various formats.
- Ability to read/create schematics, wiring diagrams, P&IDs, SAMA diagrams & other interfacing.
- Possess basic computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and Access.
- Are physically able to perform the functions of this job which include working in an indoor shop/plant environment with moving objects/machinery, frequently lifting and/or carrying 50 lbs., reaching above shoulders, crawling, kneeling, bending, climbing, having hand-eye coordination; must have vision in both eyes, ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of color, able to hear, work outdoors with exposure to all types of weather conditions, subject to excessive and constant noise, hot materials, fire, fumes, chemicals, and electric energy; use of safety equipment/clothing required.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills as you will analyze/correct control or computer problems associated with a power generating facility.
- Valid driver’s license required as you will travel on a regular basis to other work locations; willingness and ability to obtain a CDL if needed.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of jobsite.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at uppco.hirescore.com