The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks an experienced Project Manager to join their Information Systems team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position plans, defines, coordinates and implements various IT related projects for the healthcare information systems and networks as they strive to become a provider of choice in the region.
This position reports to the Director of Information Services.
- Plan and direct system IT projects; develop goals/objectives and establish/implement policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate internal and 3rd party resources for flawless execution of projects; ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Work closely with vendors and technical/non-technical resources to understand project requirements and business needs; create, manage and update project plans, requirement matrices, resources and project documentation.
- Work with internal groups to determine project timelines and resource availability to build implementation plans; oversee the design and deployment of application systems; update stakeholders on status.
- Serve as first point of contact in managing/assessing project risks; work with vendors to ensure successful project completion; collaborate with software vendors to stay on top of changes and opportunities for improvement of applications.
- Acquire and maintain detailed, relevant knowledge of systems in order to quickly address issues.
- Clearly communicate with stakeholders on project objectives, encourage cooperation and integration, and handle sensitive/complex issues with discretion and diplomacy.
SALARY/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $69,472 – $104,208 annually based on your knowledge and expertise. In addition, position offers medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer-related discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education to be successful in this position.
- Certifications in Project Management (PMP) or PRINCE2 required, or obtained within 12 months if hired.
- 5 years’ experience supervising large projects preferred; preference given to those with a background in health information system installation and support.
- Ability to apply strategy, analytical skills, and decision making to resolving project issues is essential.
- Exceptional communication skills embodied in a team player who works well with both technical and non-technical individuals is key as you will collaborate, guide and strive for buy-in from various stakeholders.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com