GS Engineering, a diverse, high-tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a Program Manager to join their team in Houghton, Michigan.
The Program Manager oversees a portfolio of projects across multiple clients with significant client interaction and ownership. As the main client point of contact, this role is responsible for all cost, technical, and quality aspects of project execution from proposal development through project closeout, and manages personnel resources to ensure completion to project scope, timing, quality and budget.
The Program Manager also performs a significant business development function focusing on top of the funnel prospecting through successful project closure.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $75,000 – $90,000 annually based on knowledge and experience. In addition, position offers health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, and vacation days. Relocation assistance available.
- Manages and maintains a portfolio of clients and key client decision makers; grow current portfolio of business where possible.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client where appropriate.
- Perform business development tasks (top of funnel client research/prospecting, proposal development, project capture).
- Engage with/become familiar with industries, clients and/or technologies that align with strategic growth targets.
- Attend/participate in industry events (trade shows, industry seminars, industry days).
- May serve as project manager and/or Subject Matter Expert in technical areas that align with experience.
- Perform supervisory functions such as performance reviews and day-to-day management tasks (timecards, etc.) for direct reports.
- Maintain a professional team atmosphere that encourages organization, attention to detail and clear, consistent communication.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related technical field required, or equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- 5 years’ experience project management, business development or portfolio management in a technical service field preferred.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and open design environments with competing requirements.
- Professionalism, exceptional communication skills, organization, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel if needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at gsengineering.com