GS Engineering, a diverse, high-tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a Project Manager to join their team in Houghton, Michigan.
This position is responsible for tracking all cost, technical, and quality aspects of a project from proposal development through project closeout. This person serves as the main client point of contact for assigned projects, and manages multidisciplinary teams comprised of mechanical engineering, analysis, electrical engineering and software development resources to ensure successful project executions.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $68,000 – $85,000 annually based on knowledge and experience. In addition, position offers health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, and vacation days. Relocation assistance available.
- Serve as point of contact with client for duration of project from opportunity to completion.
- Assist with and/or lead proposal development with collaboration from in-house teams.
- Maintain project schedules and coordinates personnel resources.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in technical areas that align with knowledge base.
- Oversee work of project team, supervise direct reports (conduct performance reviews, day-to-day management tasks such as timecards, etc.).
- Responsible for working within project budgets as defined by proposals and contracts.
- Maintain a professional team atmosphere that encourages organization, attention to detail and clear, consistent communication.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; coursework in project management preferred.
- Project management experience in the technical service field preferred.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and open design environments with competing requirements.
- Professionalism, exceptional communication skills, organization, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel if needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at gsengineering.com