GS Engineering, a diverse, high-tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a Software Engineer to join their team either remotely or in Houghton, Michigan.
This position is responsible for technical software development from concept through production including design, implementation, test, code reviews, and execution to process.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $65,000 – $80,000 annually based on knowledge and experience. In addition, position offers health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, and vacation days. Relocation assistance available.
GS Engineering works with government and commercial clients to develop world-class systems from vehicle data technologies and avionics to consumer and OEM systems and components. The Software Engineer is responsible for successful execution of all software development activities from both a technical and process standpoint. This includes:
- Technically execute project work including development of high-quality, maintainable code in C/C++, Python, and VHDL/Verilog.
- Write requirements and design documentation.
- Develop software that will run on embedded platforms.
- Compile reports and present information to program management and clients.
- Work within project budgets as defined by project management.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- Experience in software development across multiple product/system types required.
- Experience developing software in the following areas preferred: embedded platforms, multiple programming environments, software revisioning systems, machine learning algorithms preferred, and mobile development;
- Professionalism, effective communication skills, organization, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel if needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.