GS Engineering, a diverse, high tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a System Administrator to join their IT Team in Houghton, Michigan.
This position supports the design, implementation, administration, and lifecycle of the Information Technology infrastructure across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, flexible, and capable of working effectively on long-term projects while addressing the day-to-day needs of the organization. As a small business in a technical field, GS Engineering relies on their IT team to wear many hats. Each team member must be willing to step out of their comfort zone to tackle tasks as necessary to keep the organization moving forward.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $52,000 – $65,000 annually based on knowledge and experience in addition to a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, and vacation days.
- Manage Windows based network along with limited Linux systems including full lifecycle (design, implementation, administration, continuous improvement) including: server infrastructure including virtualization, VDI and computer systems for Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE); networking infrastructure; backend storage; backup infrastructure; enterprise software including product lifecycle management and CAE tools (SharePoint, Exchange, Windchill, ANSYS, etc.)
- Provide support for endpoint devices: desktops, laptops, mobile devices, thin clients (VDI)
- Implement and maintain IT security provisions including: endpoint security (encryption, AV, EDR); firewalls, content filtering, spam filtering, IDS/IPS, IAM, SIEM; multi-factor authentication; incident response
- Assist in responding to user generated support tickets
- Assist in self-assessment and third-party audits related to US DoD Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and other industry requirements
- Provide support for VoIP infrastructure
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Associate degree in Computer Network and System Administration or related field required, or equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in this position; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in system administration or a directly related position preferred.
- Experience working in a small business environment helpful.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at gsengineering.com