Through our campus recruiting program, we hire a select group of highly motivated summer interns with the goal of identifying talent for our Full-time Analyst Program. Our size and structure provides individuals with a high level of responsibility and the unique opportunity to work directly with senior management, joint venture partners, investment bankers, brokers and commercial lenders in all real estate classes. Summer Interns will participate in a variety of specialized trainings that will refine their skills and assist them in transitioning into the professional working environment of Starwood and the investment industry as a whole. A mentorship driven program allows our Summer Interns to create lasting relationships that will support the continued growth of a successful career.
Qualified candidates typically have superior analytical, quantitative, and technical skills, including strong academic records, high standardized test scores, a demonstrated interest in real estate and finance and an unyielding work ethic. Interns will need to display a willingness to take direction and the capacity to quickly learn and develop skills required to become an effective Analyst, including proficiency in financial modeling. We look for team players who feel comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Interns will focus on the evaluation, structuring and execution of potential high-risk/high-return real estate and structured finance acquisitions and the asset management of those properties.
- Creating effective financial models;
- Conducting thorough research regarding real estate markets and public equity and debt opportunities;
- Carrying out assigned duties involved with the many facets of bringing a deal to funding, including presentation to final investment committee;
- Creating concise written presentations;
- Assisting with the asset management of the properties including business plan development and execution and exit strategy planning