Stellar Science is seeking Emerging Modern C++ Developers with some experience creating reusable, maintainable code to solve challenging math and physics problems. Recent or upcoming graduates with BS, MS, or PhD degrees desired, with a target start date of Summer 2021. Join our unique, collaborative team to help implement leading-edge scientific software tools in fascinating domains.
The main requirements are that candidates be top-notch, responsible, self-motivated, honest, able to work well independently or in small teams, and be able to rapidly learn new languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet mission requirements. Experience writing modern C++ is also required.
Applicants who convey a passion for developing quality code through listed projects, a link to an active github account, or extracurricular software development activities, will be given preference.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
• Relevant libraries: Boost, Qt, Eigen, Guava
• Cross-platform development on Linux and Windows
• 3D graphics: OpenSceneGraph, OpenGL, WebGL
• Supercomputing: MPI, OpenMP, threads, GPUs
• User interface development: Qt, Swing, Material UI
• Continuous integration: git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CMake
• Image processing, imagery analysis, computer vision, computer aided design (CAD)
• Aerospace vehicles, orbital mechanics, electromagnetics, space situational awareness
• Modeling and simulation, including directed energy
A representative sample of your object-oriented C++ code will be requested early in the evaluation process, e.g. something you have written for work, for a class, or for fun. It should be long enough to help evaluate your programming and software engineering skills.
Extremely flexible work schedule & generous benefits.
US Citizenship required + willingness to undergo a background investigation.
Highly Qualified Candidates may be eligible to work remotely.
Approved remote work is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Stellar Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or national origin, in accordance with federal regulations.