Modern C++ Software Engineer (Richardson, TX)
Stellar Science is seeking Modern C++ Software Engineers with three or more years of industry experience creating reusable, maintainable code solving challenging math and physics problems. Join our unique, collaborative team to help implement leading-edge scientific software tools in fascinating domains.
We hire smart Software Engineers who love to create and maintain high quality, extensible, code in C++ (willing to learn C++20).
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- C++ libraries: Qt, Boost, OpenSceneGraph
- Aerospace vehicles, space domain awareness, orbital mechanics, electromagnetics
- Image processing, imagery analysis, computer vision, machine learning, computer aided design (CAD)
- Modeling and simulation, including directed energy
- Cross-platform C++ development on Linux and Windows
- User interface development: Swing, Material-UI
- 3D graphics: OpenGL, WebGL
- Supercomputing: MPI, OpenMP, threads, GPUs
- Continuous integration: git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CMake
- BS (or equivalent experience) in computer science, physics, math, engineering, or a related field, MS/PhD degree desired
- Code sample or C++ evaluation will be required
- **US Citizenship with active Top Secret/SCI clearance **
- Willing to work at government and/or customer sites
Positions are in Richardson, TX – near George Bush Turnpike.
Stellar Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or national origin, in accordance with federal regulations.