Modern Software Engineer (NoVA)
Stellar Science is seeking Modern Software Engineers with significant experience creating reusable, maintainable modern C++ and/or Java and designing for scale, which solves challenging math and physics problems. Join our unique, collaborative team to help implement leading-edge scientific software tools in fascinating domains.
- BS (or equivalent experience), MS/PhD degree is a plus.
- Experience writing modern C++ or Java code for scientific applications.
- US Citizenship required + willingness to undergo a background investigation and perform some work at government or customer sites.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with active single-scope background investigation (SSBI) (TS/SCI is a plus)
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Python development
- Relevant libraries: Boost, Qt, Guava, Kubernetes, Spring
- Cross-platform development on Linux and Windows
- 3D graphics: OpenSceneGraph, OpenGL
- User interface development: Qt, Swing
- Continuous integration: git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CMake
- Image processing, imagery analysis, computer vision, computer aided design (CAD)
- Aerospace vehicles, orbital mechanics, electromagnetics, space domain awareness
- Modeling and simulation, including directed energy
- Code sample or coding evaluation required.
- Extremely flexible work schedule & generous benefits.
Positions are in Tysons Corner, VA (Washington DC area)
Stellar Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or national origin, in accordance with federal regulations.