Software Engineering Internship- Mentor, OH
Ready to put your education to the test. Come join us as an active member of the Life Sciences (LS) Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP) Engineering Team. As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be supporting new product development and sustaining existing products, while working under the guidance of STERIS engineers and scientists. You will work on valuable engineering projects helping the STERIS team and our Customers in the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences industry while building professional experience.
Key Internship Information:
- Paid Internship
- Internship program starts May 17th, 2021 and ends August 6th, 2021
- Full-Time (40 Hours) – This is a full-time internship Monday – Friday.
- Location – This is a 100% onsite role and requires interns to work at our Mentor, Ohio facility. Lodging assistance/Accommodations are NOT provided
What will you do as a Project Management Intern?
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will join our Life Sciences Division supporting our industry leading Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide Capital Equipment team!
- Assist in the synchronization and optimization of the software platform across LS VHP products
- Help implement new accessories/options for the LS VHP product portfolio
- Operate prototype systems under supervision of engineering staff
- Assist with rework of prototype systems as design and operational requirements are developed
- Help create and execute system and software level verification of LS VHP equipment
- Help implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency and quality
- Support technicians and engineers with data recording and processing
- Follow industry codes, standards, and recommendations
- Take part in design and code reviews
- Research various technologies and materials for implementation into LS VHP products
- Works as a collaborative team member in engineering projects
Please review additional information about our Life Sciences Division and the VHP team: https://bit.ly/3hN5NGK
Learn more about our VHP solutions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNO6StpIM-E
What Skills, Abilities, and Education do you need?
- Minimum Educational Requirement: Successful completion of Sophomore level coursework or above by May 2021 with a Major in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Requires a fundamental understanding and application of software engineering principles and control logic
- Requires previous experience/coursework with software programming, such as Java, C++, C#, Python, or MATLAB. Other programming languages or experience with control logic will be considered as well
- Organizational, communication, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills is strongly desired
- Previous experience/coursework with PLC or Raspberry Pi programming is desired, but not required
- Previous experience with electro-mechanical sensors and actuators (i.e. Temperature Devices – TC’s/RTD’s, Pressure Devices – Switches/Transducers, Solenoid Valves, Limit/Level Switches, Pneumatics, Motors, etc) is desired, but not required
- Quick, flexible learner who asks questions and applies learnings successfully
What will you gain from your Internship at STERIS?
An Internship at STERIS will provide meaningful experiences that will enhance your education, give you real word experience, and help prepare you for a role after graduation. We will work to provide you practical experience and the work you do here will have a direct impact on our VHP Software Engineering team that you will get to see in real time! This opportunity will give you the exposure to cross-functional teams and the overall organization.
At STERIS, we are making a difference for our Customers every day. We don’t just create products. We create amazing solutions that help reduce the threat of infection. We are the best at what we do. Our people make it so. We attract a variety of talented people who are simply…extraordinary. Our teams are doing remarkable things together. Because at STERIS, we know that no matter what role you have, you can make an impact. And we find that pretty energizing. Join us as a Software Engineer Intern!