STR is hiring an entry level Software Engineer to be part of a great team that transforms large and complex customer data into real-world, high-impact solutions. The SW Engineer will work with researchers and engineers to design and implement solutions to challenging national security problems. Additionally, you will help build the software infrastructure to clean, ingest, and expose datasets and algorithms to both developers and end users, deploying algorithms, generating workflows, creating engineer-facing tools, and designing customer-facing prototype systems.
- Working as part of a small, focused team to architect, develop, implement, and test real-time applications featuring open architecture software principles
- Implementing real-time systems in C/C++ from verified algorithms written in higher-level languages.
- Developing communication infrastructure and signal processing abstraction libraries
- Testing software compliance within the given open architecture infrastructure
- Someone with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Object oriented programming skills in C/C++
- Proficiency in MATLAB and/or Python as well as other higher-level languages
- Math and algorithm skills
- Active Security Clearance at the Secret or Top Secret (TS) level
- Programming experience, especially with open architecture software projects
- Experience using source code management (Git, Subversion)
- Software design/architecting team leadership experience
- Proficiency in communication libraries (ZeroMQ, DDS, MPI) & C-code optimization for GPP & GPU processing architectures
- GPGPU (CUDA) experience; Intel math and performance optimization libraries (MKL, IPP); Generic math libraries (BLAS, LAPACK)
- Software development tools including continuous build, unit testing frameworks, static and dynamic code analysis
- Experience with algorithm optimization for real time systems, especially radar or remote sensing
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We’re not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can’t do it alone, though – we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws