Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies that are capable of making sophisticated decisions, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. We are located in the Cambridgeport neighborhood of Cambridge, MA.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining Strand now places you alongside the founding executive team and world-leading advisors. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the initial growth stage of Strand.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist to join the In Vivo Discovery group to conduct proof-of-concept, validation, and pharmacology studies to support multiple pre-clinical programs. You will be passionate about scientific discovery, undeterred by bold challenges, and enjoy working as a team to develop the next generation of mRNA medicines. You should be highly organized, a critical thinker, adaptable to changing priorities, and possess a strong ability to collaborate effectively with teams of diverse backgrounds.
- Execute in vivo oncology studies to support early discovery to pre-clinical development efforts
- Perform efficacy, biodistribution, toxicity, and imaging studies using a variety of rodent oncology models
- Perform routine measurements, health monitoring, and sample collection for ex vivo analyses
- Support team members with new model and assay development
- Ensure data collection is captured in electronic laboratory notebooks and databases
- Assist with data analysis, summarizing results in study reports, and providing regular updates at internal meetings
- Assist with vivarium operations, including supporting supply procurement, protocol submissions, and waste stream handling
- B.S. or M.S. in biological sciences or related area
- 2+ years of research experience working in animal models of cancer and/or inflammation in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, CRO, or academic environment
- Demonstrated experience with small animal surgery, sc/ip/iv cell and drug delivery, necropsy, blood collection
- Proficient with patient-derived xenograft models and adoptive transfer of immune cells
- Experience performing in vivo imaging techniques (e.g. IVIS)
- Ability to write, edit, and follow standard operating procedures, make careful detailed observations, maintain clear and complete records of lab work
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Graphpad Prism, and ELN/LIMS for data entry, analysis, and presentation
- High level of integrity and adherence to strict compliance standards
- Experience with orthotopic models of cancer and GEMMs
- Experience with larger rodent species
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, gym, and commuter) and work/life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet Strand’s goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: commensurate with role and experience