Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies that are capable of making sophisticated decisions, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. We are located in the Cambridgeport neighborhood of Cambridge, MA.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining Strand now places you alongside the founding executive team and world-leading advisors. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the initial growth stage of Strand.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Associate Scientist, LNP Formulation Development. The expectation is that the candidate will have experience in formulation and characterization of LNPs (Lipid Nanoparticles). The candidate will be expected to work in an innovative, fast-paced, cross-collaborative biotech environment and contribute in multi-disciplinary team activities to advance our platform.
- Help advance Strand’s mRNA delivery platform by designing and optimizing LNPs.
- Contribute to LNP composition and process screening.
- Characterize and evaluate the physical characteristics and therapeutic indices of (lipid) nanoparticle formulations and components using standard or newly developed in-house assays.
- Produce (lipid) nanoparticle formulations to support internal and partnered programs.
- Research and identify new opportunities and novel project ideas related to mRNA delivery that support Strand’s vision.
- Write study protocols, technical reports and SOPs that support the drug discovery efforts of Strand.
- B.S./M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other relevant scientific discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience with a focus on (lipid) nanoparticle formulation and in vivo delivery of nucleic acid-based payloads is desirable.
- Experience with production and analytical characterization of mRNA-(lipid) nanoparticles (e.g. absorption and fluorescence spectrometry, chromatographic separations, mass spectrometry, electron microscopy, NMR spectroscopy, etc.).
- Familiarity with scale-up/process development, and/or regulatory aspects of mRNA-(lipid) nanoparticle products would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the scientific literature in the field of mRNA delivery.
- Highly analytical, decisive, and goal-oriented while maintaining the highest scientific and ethical standards.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment.
- A strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently.
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused startup environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, gym, and commuter) and work/life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet Strand’s goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: commensurate with role and experience