Engineer, Data Analytics and Machine Learning
Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies that are capable of making sophisticated decisions, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. We are located in the Cambridgeport neighborhood of Cambridge, MA.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining the company now means having vast opportunities to learn and grow including having the exposure to all aspects of building a company. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the development and formation of the company.
We are looking for an Engineer, Data Analytics and Machine Learning to join the Computational Biology team at Strand Therapeutics. The incoming candidate will report to the head of the computational biology team and work closely with the drug discovery and platform teams to analyze biological data from a variety of sources and build machine learning-based tools for drug design. They will work with Strand’s manufacturing teams to build scalable data processing pipelines. The candidate will be expected to work in an innovative, fast-paced, cross-collaborative biotech environment.
- Design, build, validate, and deploy software tools for analyzing and optimizing mRNA therapeutics
- Analyze next gen sequencing, flow cytometry, imaging, and other datasets. Refine and automate data handling pipelines and analysis workflows.
- Automate and integrate process development analytics for mRNA manufacturing
- Execute full machine learning pipelines: prepare datasets, train and validate models, deploy to production and scale, and iterate for drug design and manufacturing applications
- Assist in managing appropriate computational infrastructure
- Engage with cross-functional project teams and external collaborators to support data-driven biological modeling using statistics and machine learning
- An MS in Computer Science, Data Science or Machine Learning, Computational Biology, Statistics, or a related discipline, or a BS with 2 years of relevant experience, is required. Experience in the biotechnology space is a plus
- Experience with large, high-dimensional biological or healthcare datasets
- Proficiency in statistical methods and machine learning, including common software tools. Deep learning experience is a plus
- Proficiency in programming languages (Python, R, Java), data handling (SQL and NoSQL), and Unix environments (Linux, shell scripting)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS) and/or high-performance computing is a plus
- Strong collaboration and inter-personal skills. Ability to present data science, machine learning, and computational concepts to a diverse audience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet important deadlines
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, 401k, and commuter) and work/life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with role and experience