Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies that are capable of making sophisticated decisions, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. We are located in the Cambridgeport neighborhood of Cambridge, MA.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining the company now means having vast opportunities to learn and grow including having the exposure to all aspects of building a company. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the development and formation of the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic candidate for the role of Lab Technician. Reporting to the Sr Lab Manager, the Lab Technician will bring their interpersonal skills and hands on experience managing and overseeing equipment and supplies to ensure that the lab and office operate smoothly. The Lab Technician will serve as a critical team member by providing support to our scientific team on immediate needs and helping streamline all operational activities for the R&D division of the organization.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of lab equipment including checking gases, maintaining biohazard waste, stocking common consumables etc. across the company’s three sites based in Cambridge, Seaport, and Watertown.
- Coordinate laboratory and office purchasing, monitoring, and inventory management of essential equipment and supplies.
- Oversee TetraScience R&D Data Cloud to ensure experimental data compliance and help accelerate Strand’s discovery capabilities.
- Alongside the Sr Lab Manager, support all aspects of EH&S; including tracking/managing of chemicals and hazardous materials, communicating and enforcing safety requirements, and maintaining safety compliance based on OSHA guidelines.
- Own and manage weekly equipment shutdowns to ensure compliance.
- Support People Sciences on badge and desk set-up for all incoming new hires across the three sites.
- Schedule and provide onsite support of preventative equipment maintenance and provide follow ups as needed.
- Enforces processes and introduces new ways to help lab function more efficiently.
- A.S. or equivalent in a Life Sciences discipline, B.S. or advanced degree preferred.
- 1-3 years lab operations experience required with biotech or pharma experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with lab equipment management and maintenance preferred.
- Customer service and/or customer facing experience required with exposure to the management and oversight of vendors preferred.
- Able to lift 25lbs.
- Comfortable with handling gases and hazardous materials.
- Available to travel across Strand’s three sites.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to maintain an equipment matrix required.
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, 401k, and commuter) and work/ life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with role and experience