Strauss Media Strategies has a long and successful history of providing interns with experiences that benefit the intern in their future endeavors. Located in the center of Washington, DC and within steps of the White House, Strauss Media Strategies offers a unique opportunity for undergraduates to be exposed to the media landscape while working in the heart of our nation’s capital. Interns will assist with projects from a broad base of clients, such as Best Buy, General Motors, Sierra Club, National Urban League, and many others.
This internship will be remote to start with and may become in-person depending on COVID-19 levels in DC. Strauss interns will garner concrete working experience to take with them as they move forward in their career pursuits.
Duration and Stipend
• Strauss Media internships take place for a minimum of three months and a maximum of six months, as a part time internship with a minimum of 14 hours.
• A stipend to cover transportation and meal expenses will be provided.
· Interns will have opportunities to shadow Strauss employees during their internship. During the shadowing process, interns will learn how to pitch stories, how our client relationships work, and the process by which we facilitate interviews and ultimately fulfill our contracts with our clients.
· Strauss interns will receive direct experience in researching, writing and assembling client reports, a critical part of the company’s overall success.
· Strauss interns will attend (when possible) a Satellite Media Tour.
· Strauss interns will participate in brainstorming sessions to further develop unique opportunities for our clients.
· At the completion of the internship and under the supervision of Strauss Media staff, interns will have executed mock pitches with our staff and will have press releases, media advisories and sample final reports (redacted) for their portfolios as they complete their college courses and move into the business world.
· Strauss Media interns will gain an understanding of general business practices, the firm/client relationship, industry issues, industry best practices and products and services unique to our industry.
· In addition, Strauss interns will be expected to report to work in a timely manner, perform day-to-day tasks such as monitoring media coverage, answering phones, research and update databases and perform other duties as assigned.
Strauss Media interns will be supervised daily and will receive coaching from Strauss Media employees that boast more than 270 years of cumulative experience in the media world.
· The Intern Coordinator will supervise the day-to-day work of the interns.
· The Managing Director will meet with interns weekly to discuss progress on projects, experience, etc.
Strauss Media Strategies is committed to providing a rewarding internship experience and will closely monitor the progress of each intern.
Strauss Media Strategies will provide interns with additional activities to augment their internship experience. Examples of these activities may include:
· Tour of the U.S. Capitol
· National Press Club events
· Washington Women in PR events
· Other opportunities unique to the Washington, DC location of the internship
• Current undergraduate, graduate student or recent college graduate.
• A basic understanding of research and media list building tools.
• Ability to work effectively with staff and work independently.
• Solid organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to become a strong writer.
• Familiarity with the public relations and communications disciplines through past coursework or other internships.
For further information, contact:
Jocelynne Simbana, Assistant Account Executive
About Strauss Media Strategies
Proudly celebrating our 25th anniversary and 26th year of excellence in 2021, Strauss Media Strategies, Inc. is the nation’s premier communications, public relations, consulting and strategy firm specializing in comprehensive radio and television media relations services. Strauss Media Strategies’ expertise includes outreach campaigns featuring radio media tours, satellite media tours, audio news releases, media training, and other services to public relations firms, political campaigns, non-profit groups, corporations, government agencies, and other individuals and organizations throughout the country.
Top 25% of 52 applicants
Contact the job poster
Assistant Account Executive at Strauss Media Strategies, Inc.