Estimate Starting salary: $60,828 increase based on experience
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension, YMCA discount and more!
Purpose and Scope of Job:
The primary areas of responsibility are the development of innovative and cost effective product enhancements, product options, product modifications, and new products.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Participate in Product Development activities, from concept phase to the product launch. It includes working on QFD, FMEA, and other company specific documents.
- Lead design phase of product development by optimizing efforts and time, in order to finalize prototypes. This includes CAD modeling, analytical and numerical calculations, creation and review of manufacturing drawings.
- Develop testing plan per criteria, procure parts and work with R&D Technician to conduct testing on power transmission units to evaluate performance, durability, and lubrication suitability.
- Evaluate test data, make conclusions and create professional test reports.
- Support Product Engineering, Business Development, and Quality departments to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Create technical training presentations, author technical papers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering, with five (5) years’ experience, OR Master’s degree in Engineering with two (2) years’ experience in rotating equipment industry.
- Strong knowledge of rotary components; such as, gears, shafts, seals, bearings, couplings, etc.
- Hands-on experience in setting up tests, measuring test parameters with gadgets (temperature probe, noise, efficiency, vibration) is preferred.
- Experience in gearbox system development is preferred.
- Expertise in CAD modeling, creating and reviewing manufacturing drawings. Experience with Autodesk Inventor is preferred.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis software, such as ANSYS. Basic understanding of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis.
- PMP certification, or project management experience is preferred.
- Any additional essential skills and/or knowledge as shown in the HRIS Career & Education > Skills section for incumbents holding this job title.
Work Conditions & Physical Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal/typewriter; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This job description does not serve as a contract nor does it limit the employer’s ability to establish or change the content, nature, or essential functions of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, reasonable accommodations will be considered for qualified individuals with a disability.