The Sun Country Golf House (SCGH) is an alliance of the leading golf-related organizations in the general areas of New Mexico and West Texas. The alliance of these associations makes SCGH the epicenter for golf in our area. The Sun Country PGA Section (SCPGA) is the representative body for the Professional Golfers’ Association of America and our Section’s 200+ PGA Professionals, while the Sun Country Amateur Golf Association (SCAGA) is the representative for the United States Golf Association and the 13,000+ amateur golfers in region. The two organizations combine staffing and resources in the form of Sun Country Golf House. This allows the two groups to cast a wider net of influence while furthering shared goals together. Educating the public on the organizations, providing a great tournament schedule for PGA Professionals and amateurs, executing a junior tour, making New Mexico and West Texas a national golfing destination, and generally improving and promoting the game of golf are the focuses of this collaboration. Additionally, the PGA Section and Amateur Association share the Sun Country Golf Foundation, which provides education and financial support for programs in the areas of juniors, military, and diversity / inclusion.
REPORTS TO This individual will report to the Executive Director. However, he/she will regularly provide support and assistance to the Amateur Association’s and PGA Section’s tournament operations staff.
APPLICATION DEADLINE November 26, 2021
Communications & Marketing
• Direct responsibility for the communications platforms for the PGA Section, Amateur Association, Junior Tour, and Foundation including:
• Website administration
• Member communications (email blasts, newsletter creation)
• Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, etc.)
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with members of the media and supply them information and press releases to generate coverage of Golf House activities.
• Assist in corporate partnerships including:
• Seek out leads and solicit sales
• Build proposals
• Fulfill deliverables to partners (marketing communications, website placement, produce signage, etc.)
• Create and execute approved marketing plans for Golf House activities with the goal of growing our respective memberships or increasing brand awareness.
• Create and distribute post-round and post-event recaps to players, members, and media.
• Create attractive documents and graphics in Photoshop or other software platforms.
Event Operations – SCAGA, SCPGA, & SCJGF
• Assistance in the planning, budgeting, preparation, execution, and wrap-up of PGA Section, Amateur Association, Junior Tour, and Foundation tournaments, meetings, education sessions, and other types of events.
• Assist in ordering and maintaining supplies for various Golf House activities.
• Assist in event communications with participants, volunteers, hosts, etc. before, during, and after events.
• Assist in the preparation golf courses for play including, but not limited to, marking golf courses (boundaries, penalty areas, ground under repair, etc.) and setting up signage and other equipment.
• Assist creating various documents for tournament play including rules sheets, scorecards, cart signs, etc.
• Utilize various software packages. See below under “qualifications and experience.”
• Fulfill various staff roles at tournaments including rules official (if qualified), starter, ranger, spotter, scorer, etc.
• Undertake assignments from the Executive Director not otherwise included in the job description.
• Assist other staff members in areas not otherwise included in the job description.
OFFICE HOURS Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM are the base requirement with consistent attendance on weekends, evenings, and possibly holidays to attend to tournament and event operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Positive, vibrant personality
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent strongly preferred.
• Experience in golf association and golf tournament administration preferred.
• Experience designing/maintaining websites preferred.
• PGA Professional Member/Associate strongly preferred; or, having an interest in becoming a PGA Professional is also preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Comfort in public speaking
• Excellent grammar and writing skills
• Strong graphic design skills
• Attention to detail
• Computer expertise mandatory. Individual will heavily utilize Microsoft applications, Gmail and Google Suite, Photoshop, Canva, MailChimp, Workday, WordPress, social media platforms, and more.
• Experience with Photoshop (or other graphic design tools), tournament software platforms including BlueGolf and Golf Genius, USGA’s GHIN, PGA of America’s SMS, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.
• Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required. A company vehicle will typically be used for business travel.
• Ability to travel and work extended hours including weekends and holidays.
• Team player motivated by the success of the organization.
• Ability to manage and motivate other team members, PGA Professionals, and volunteers.
POSITION / PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position must be able to travel for extended periods of time in various modes of transportation.
2. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
4. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. The employee must be able to drive the company vehicle/van and/or drive to and from various locations throughout the Section. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS This is a salaried, exempt position.
• Starting salary range of $40-45K annually, commensurate with experience.
• Potential performance and sales bonuses at end of each year
• Simple IRA (3% match). Quarterly enrollment.
• Golf House currently offers its full-time employees up to $250/month of health insurance coverage.
• Mobile phone / communications stipend of $55/month
• Some clothing/uniforms provided
• Vacation, meals (while traveling for company business), and sick time per the Golf House Employee Handbook
• Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel when personal vehicle must be used
• PGA Associate PGM Program education reimbursement after each Level (1, 2, 3) is passed
• PGA of America Member/Associate dues paid
TO APPLY Send resume, cover letter and the names and contact information for three references to: Cory Armstrong, Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org 2316 Southern Blvd. SE, #D – Rio Rancho, NM 87124