Business Systems Analyst needed for our government client in Baltimore City. The Business Systems Analyst will gather analyze and document existing workflows and procedures. Contract to hire position.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other Department Managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the City.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the projects.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Prepare and deliver highly effective reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Create system design proposals.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an information systems environment or related fields or any equivalent combination of education and experience that satisfy the requirements of the job.
- Local government experience preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in systems analysis, design, integration, and implementation.
- Experience in software package implementation and systems integration.
- Demonstrated expertise in working in team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project management software such as Jira.
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of software development, operating systems, platforms and a solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Must be able to work forty (40) hours a week Monday through Friday virtually until further notice.
- Must be able to pass a background check or drug test.