We are seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer with demonstrated experience with full stack Java platform web application development.
This is an Agile development environment, working on state-of-the-art algorithms and technology for a DOD customer located in Reston, VA. The Software Engineer will attend team meetings, have the opportunity to choose which tasks they work on, provide guidance and assistance to more junior level engineers and developers and provide demonstrations to the team per iteration. Additionally, the team is currently working on cloud virtualization and migrating front end global visualization from Google Earth to OpenLayers/React/Redux. There is opportunity to incorporate more automation to the process if you have the experience and knowledge to share with the team. It is a very collaborative environment, using Atlassian Tools, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc. as the backbone of our work.
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance required for consideration.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and with little direct supervision or oversight
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 3-5 years full stack Java development experience
- Experience with relational databases
- Comfort in both Windows and Linux environments
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent, is required.
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with continuous integration tools and systems, such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Agile development experience in a team environment, including sprint and retrospective experience
- Version control and feature/defect tracking experience with Atlassian Tools – JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc. – all work is tracked and managed in Atlassian.
- Data visualization technologies including mapping
- Ability to handle multiple projects with various priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
SDI provides a casual and flexible work environment with excellent benefits including a generous holiday and leave package, health and dental medical coverage, S-IRA retirement plan, performance bonuses, and more.
Systems Definition is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Systems Definition is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.