We are seeking a self-motivated software developer with demonstrated experience in modern web application development using microservices and cloud platform tools.
The position will involve software development, integration, and testing of a web application designed to support DoD mission planning and National Security objectives. The developer must be able to analyze and decompose existing code bases to adopt a more modularized, cloud-friendly architecture and implementation. The developer will need skills to integrate commercial or open source tools to automate processes that improve QA capabilities. The developer should be familiar with DevOps and CI/CD concepts to support a fast-paced delivery schedule.
This is an Agile development environment, working on state-of-the-art algorithms and technology for a DoD customer located in Washington, DC. The developer would attend team meetings, work with engineering teams, documentation teams, and other developers to create solutions.
- US Citizenship required for consideration. Must be able to obtain Secret clearance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work independently and with little direct supervision or oversight.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- DevOps experience
- Full stack experience, including Java.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Multi-platform development environments.
- Version control and Feature/Defect tracking experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent, is required.
- Experience with Spring, and Hibernate
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with the OpenAPI specification and tools
- Java EE application development (WildFly)
- Microservice migration experience
- Data visualization technologies including mapping
- Ability to handle multiple projects with various priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Agile development experience with Sprint and Retrospective experience in a team environment
- Experience with Atlassian Tools – JIRA, Confluence, Struts, etc. All work is tracked and managed in the Atlassian tools.
SDI provides a casual and flexible work environment with excellent benefits including a generous holiday and leave package, health and dental medical coverage, S-IRA retirement plan, performance bonuses, and more.
Systems Definition is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Systems Definition is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.