Taney Engineering is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm looking to expand its team with additional talent. This Land Planner/Entitlements Specialist position is a full-time, in office role in Las Vegas, NV. Our clients include companies engaged in all types of development, including residential, commercial, industrial. We appreciate enthusiastic and self-driven individuals and want to help them grow with us. Our environment is fast-paced, with team members that encourage each other in a collaborative atmosphere. On the job training and talent development is part of how we invest in you. The strength of our firm lies with our team!
As an essential first step in the land development process, this position presents the opportunity to assist the firm’s clients with understanding possible development layouts on their sites and working with local municipalities having authority to help guide clients through the land development process. The Land Planner/Entitlements Specialist will participate in the whole of the process, from entire research and due diligence, site planning, and the preparation and public representation of land entitlements. Public speaking at community or board meetings will be required.
An ideal candidate possesses the ability to exercise independent judgment, remain organized, have excellent multi-tasking skills, and create planning documents consistent with a level of technical precision required by an engineering firm. Applicants should be familiar with Land Development concepts and AutoCAD or other computer aided drafting software.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Urban Design, Urban/Regional Planning, or Civil Engineering
· 1+ years of drafting and site planning experience utilizing AutoCAD, AutoCAD C3D, or other computer aided drafting software
· 1+ years or course requirements in public speaking
· Experience coordinating with municipalities and engineers throughout the land entitlement approval process
· Software proficiency in ArcGis, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe and other basic computer programs.
· Ability to transfer notes, redlines or verbal explanation onto a drawing generated in AutoCAD.
· Excellent writing/editing, research, communication, critical thinking, and presentation skills.
· Experience in reading, understanding and interpreting municipal development codes to planning documents
· Understanding of fundamental real estate and urban planning concepts
· Understanding of engineering plans, maps and records.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Municipal code and zoning ordinance research and translation into planning documents.
· Working with surveyors and civil engineers to aid in site planning
· Coordinate with and facility communication on behalf of Taney Engineering with clients and governing entities.
· Manage simultaneous projects amongst cross-discipline teams with competing priorities.
· Developing planning documents and exhibits including maps, reports, letters, comprehensive and local plan packages, and presentation materials.
· Prepare presentation materials for community or board meetings.
· Collaborate with existing staff to prepare entitlement packages for submittal
· Address comments from clients and governing agencies
· Translate sketches and ideas into planning documents
· Organize and/or attend and Lead project public engagement presentations and representation at public hearings.