At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Application Tooling division of TE Connectivity is seeking a summer intern who will work under the guidance of an experienced engineer and in concert with other engineers and designers. The intern will be involved in a project to concept, design, and prototype mechanisms and systems related to machinery or hand tools to apply the terminals and connectors that TE Connectivity produces. The performance of the prototypes will then lead to decisions relative to the viability of the concepts for the market.
As an intern at TE Connectivity, you will gain experience working for a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. TE Interns apply their classroom experience to value-add projects that create impact across our businesses.
Throughout the 10-12 week Summer Internship Program, TE Interns receive a high touch onboarding experience to support their transition from school into the workforce. Interns come together weekly for events such as professional development workshops, executive panel discussions, networking events, plant tours, community involvement, etc. Each intern is assigned a mentor, specific to their development & interests to support them with navigating their internship. Our program has been named to Way Up’s Top 100 Internship Programs List for the past two consecutive years & over 96% of our previous interns would recommend TE’s Internship Program to a friend.
After the internship, students will have gained tangible experience to build their resume & kick start their career. All TE Interns are evaluated and considered for return internships & full-time career opportunities upon graduation.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE.
- Coordinate and consult with engineers to layout, design, and detail components to meet design objectives or resolve issues.
- Develop designs, details, and assembly drawings for mechanical equipment, dies and tools using CAD software
- Design and develop test fixtures and systems that are used within engineering and production to test and validate the operation and performance of machine designs.
- Troubleshooting and conditioning of prototypes during the development process.
- Design for improvements and manufacturing cost reductions.
- Technical analysis to evaluate proposed products or enhancements, possibly including Finite Element Analysis using Ansys or Pro/Mechanica.
- Working closely with other engineering disciplines and related functions.
- Perform tolerance analysis and dimensional check of designs.
- Participate in project management activities and estimating.
- Coordinate part fabrication with both internal and external machine shops.
- Laboratory testing of various machines or subsystems and creating test reports.
This position is located at our Middletown, PA site.
What your background should look like:
- Sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or closely related field at an accredited university
- Interest in the design of machines, equipment, and hand tools. A background in working with or around mechanical devices and mechanisms is preferred.
- Working knowledge of CREO or ANSYS is desirable, but not required.
- Possess a basic understanding of manufacturing technologies such as stamping, plating, molding, machining, and assembly.
- Good application skills of Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills are essential.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets