At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products and introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release. TE’s Application Tooling division is seeking summer interns.
Click here for a day in the life of an Intern: Life at TE
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12-week program, interns will be provided with:
- Onboarding & Orientation
- Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Operations Experience
- Executive Exposure
As a R&D/Product Development Engineering Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to:
• Be responsible for all phases of the development process, from concept, design, through production release for new products.
• Interact with customers, vendors, manufacturing, marketing and sales personnel, and other engineering functions as required to support product development and exiting products in the field
• Determine specifications, perform engineering analysis, create preliminary concepts and prototypes
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Assist in development of project plans, including
• Define tasks
• Resource estimates
• Work with customers and colleagues to architect systems, develop estimates of time and cost, engineer solutions and provide long term support
What your background should look like:
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• Expected Graduation: December 2022 through May 2024
You Should Have Exposure, Demonstrated Experience, or Desire to Learn the Following
• Machine to machine communication and interfacing to external systems
• Virtualization using Docker, VMWare, VirtualBox
• Software packaging/distribution
• Operating System fundamentals and development of custom images
• Software revision control practices using Git/GitLab and continuous integration practices
• Microcontrollers and microprocessors and associated firmware development
• MES technologies including OPC-UA, IPC-CFX, MQTT
• Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning techniques such as Keras/TensorFlow/PyTorch and Computer Vision techniques and practice using OpenCV
• HMI/UI architecture and design using Qt or Angular
• 3D modeling software
Other Required Aptitudes
• Propensity for learning new skills and improving personal development.
• Debugging hardware and interacting with other engineering disciplines
• Working in a team with superior time management and communication skills
• Ability to generate unique and complex technical concepts and explain them in abstract terms to other team members and management
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.