The Tech Talent Project Partnership Intern manages key projects, drafts and edits documents for publication, and provides strategic and operational consulting for the entire team.
To learn more about Tech Talent Project, visit techtalentproject.org.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with team members to provide key project management support
- Maintain recruitment and external engagement databases
- Provide logistical support for key virtual recruiting events
- Liaise with the Tech Talent Project’s volunteers and other key stakeholders
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Junior in college or above preferred
- Experience supporting operations and managing projects
- Experience with research and analysis
- Examples writing in a clear, concise, and coherent manner
- Familiarity with the tech industry and/or government preferred
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data
- Experience with project management
- Experience with startups and/or remote teams.
- Strong communicator
- Exceptional people skills, the ability to identify wants and needs and connect and empathize with strangers
- Proactive with strong follow-through and willing to do the work to complete a job
- Demonstrates discretion and comfortable handling confidential information
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical
- Sense of humor
Applications for the Partnership Intern are currently open. The deadline to apply is August 1. Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and a brief previous writing sample.
Project Name: Tech Talent Project
Position: Partnership Intern
Ideal Start Date: Mid-August
Status: Part-time (~15 hours per week)
Salary: $15.00 – $20.00/hour, commensurate with experience
The Tech Talent Project is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working. Our comprehensive benefits package includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.