TechOp Solutions is seeking a professional to join a team that provides Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) processing support to a federal government client.
- Review, analyze, conduct research, and prepare correspondence in response to Privacy Act and FOIA requests.
- Accept emails that are proper FOIA requests, intra/interagency consultations, and referrals; Enter same into the FOIAXpress database for processing, document collection, review, and final responses to the requesters
- Ensure released materials do not contain information exempted under the applicable statutes or other non-releasable information.
- Prepare records for release, including the redaction of materials to be withheld.
- Formally acknowledge those requests that are overly broad and require more information; Close outstanding requests
- Monitor incoming postal mail and delivered requests and handle in the same manner as emailed requests
- Respond to email and telephone inquiries seeking status updates on outstanding requests
- Associate’s degree from accredited college or university required
- 2 years’ FOIA and/or Privacy Act experience