The Indianapolis Tech Ecosystem seeks passionate students to work as Security Interns in the summer of 2022. In this role you will work alongside experienced cybersecurity professionals to actively contribute to meaningful projects and gain valuable experience. This is an opportunity to apply the knowledge you’ve learned in the classroom and develop the skills you’ll need for the next step in your career.
WORK AT A RAPIDLY-GROWING TECH COMPANY
The Xtern program places you with a high-growth tech company for a 10-week, full time, paid internship over the summer with free housing. Xtern finalists will interview with three-to-five potential tech companies for their internship on November 12th, 2021.
- Assist in the deployment, documentation, and support of security solutions for various services and infrastructure both on premise and cloud
- Assist in the development of security hardening guidelines and security procedures
- Conduct security risk assessment and evaluate the effectiveness of existing security controls as assigned
- Support vulnerability management and remediation functions as assigned
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to engineer technical solutions and processes
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to respond to security alerts, incidents and conduct investigations as needed
- Work with System Administrators and Engineers to ensure system are designed and configured securely
- Identify, respond and escalate possible security violations and incidents
- Pro-active research on emerging threats and issues in the security industry and provide recommendations
- Pursuing a degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or equivalent
- Knowledge of security controls including network security technologies (IDS, IPS, firewall, DLP, NAC, and WAF), OS hardening, file integrity monitoring, authentication
- Expertise in TCP/IP networking and Linux server administration
- Strong understanding of system and network security threats and vulnerabilities
- Self-motivated and possess solid critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage time and work
JOIN US FOR THE BEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE
There is more to your life than school, and there should be more to your internship than work. Xtern is the whole package. Work alongside industry leaders at Indy’s fastest-growing tech companies, live and make friends with more than 100 other Xterns from around the country, and experience why Indy is such an awesome place to live.
- Professional Networking and Skills Development: When you join the tech community in Indianapolis, you join a community of artists, makers, and technologists who are passionate about helping each other create the best product, affect the most change, and be the best builders they can be. Through newly-developed, specialized training tracks based on your professional interests, we plug you into that community from day one.
- Civic Engagement: In Xtern, we believe in making a big impact – both in our companies and in our community. We want to help you change the world for the better, one great idea at a time. Whether you’re helping the city pursue some of its most challenging problems or teaching the next generation of kids to code, you’ll have support to dive into any project.
- City Immersion: Experience the social and cultural scene that makes Indy such an awesome place to live with Xtern events across the 10-week internship program.
If you’re looking to make an impact on a growing tech community, be sure to apply online before the deadline, October 11th at 11:59 PM.
The Xtern Program also recruits for internship opportunities in the following roles:
• Business Analyst
• Data Science
• Devops/IT Networking
• Graphic Design
• Product and Project Marketing
• QA and Testing
• Software Engineering
• Technical Customer Success and Support
• UX Design