SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERNSHIPS
The Indianapolis Tech Ecosystem seeks passionate students to work as Software Engineering Interns in the summer of 2022. In this role you will work alongside experienced engineers to actively contribute to meaningful projects and gain valuable experience. This is an opportunity to apply the knowledge you’ve learned in the classroom and develop the skills you’ll need for the next step in your career.
WORK AT A RAPIDLY-GROWING TECH COMPANY
The Xtern program places you with a high-growth tech company for a 10-week, full time, paid internship over the summer with free housing. Xtern finalists will interview with three-to-five potential tech companies for their internship on November 12th, 2021.
- Working on creation and development of websites and webpages
- Work within existing code on bug fixes/improvements
- Develop code that is used daily by customers/potential customers and/or internal staff
- Work with your team members on timely and relevant projects that may be included in a future software release
- Document and test new software applications
- Assess new application features
- Research competitor offerings
- Develop applications (Front-end, Back-end, and Full Stack opportunities available )
- Interview beta testers
- Enrolled and working towards obtaining a BS in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to learn other languages as assigned for specific projects
- Academic project based experience in solving problems using technology.
- Internship experience working in a professional coding environment is a plus!
- Academic understanding of object-oriented programming/design
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals and how to apply them to code
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures and how to efficiently implement them into a solution
- Ability to produce and document clear, efficient and concise code
JOIN US FOR THE BEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE
There is more to your life than school, and there should be more to your internship than work. Xtern is the whole package. Work alongside industry leaders at Indy’s fastest-growing tech companies, live and make friends with more than 100 other Xterns from around the country, and experience why Indy is such an awesome place to live.
- Professional Networking and Skills Development: When you join the tech community in Indianapolis, you join a community of artists, makers, and technologists who are passionate about helping each other create the best product, affect the most change, and be the best builders they can be. Through newly-developed, specialized training tracks based on your professional interests, we plug you into that community from day one.
- Civic Engagement: In Xtern, we believe in making a big impact – both in our companies and in our community. We want to help you change the world for the better, one great idea at a time. Whether you’re helping the city pursue some of its most challenging problems or teaching the next generation of kids to code, you’ll have support to dive into any project.
- City Immersion: Experience the social and cultural scene that makes Indy such an awesome place to live with Xtern events across the 10-week internship program.
If you’re looking to make an impact on a growing tech community, be sure to apply online before the deadline, October 11th at 11:59 PM.
The Xtern Program also recruits for internship opportunities in the following roles:
• Business Analyst
• Data Science
• DevOps/IT Networking
• Graphic Design
• Product and Project Management
• QA and Testing
• Technical Customer Success and Support
• UX Design