As a System Test Engineer on Core Test Engineerng Technology (CTET) team, you will architect highly efficient automated test systems for vehicle and energy products. You will work hands-on with our products and subcomponents to gain hardware and firmware knowledge, build benchtop setup to validate new test strategies, and engineer scalable systems that will be deployed in our factories worldwide.
This role is key for Tesla’s sustainable growth.
• Architect modular test platform that is ultra-reliable and easily scalable.
• Drive test technology innovation and develop prototypes.
• Lead test system design working with product design team. Provide feedback from DFT and DFM perspectives.
• Develop detailed specification with hardware, mechanical, firmware, reliability, and safety considerations.
• Hands on hardware bring-up, system debugging and help with code optimization.
• Investigate root cause of failures and help to drive product improvement.
• Provide technical leadership and excellence for the team.
• BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
• 2+ years of electrical product development experience.
• Shows keen understanding of physics and follows first principles in design.
• Strong understanding of electrical theory.
• Expertise in HV battery systems and power electronics.
• Experience with test and measurement hardware.
• Experience with microcontrollers and communication protocols (CAN, SPI, I2C, etc).
• Drive to solve hard problems.