Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
The Americas Utility Energy Sales Team focuses on development of front of the meter energy storage applications for utility customers and IPP/developer customers. Projects range from renewable microgrids to large scale storage deployments for capacity or grid services. The team is growing rapidly in both size and impact as grid scale storage deployments accelerate
What to expect
Americas Bid Team – Intern supports the bid process across the team’s portfolio of customers to ensure delivery of high quality, accurate project proposals. An effective intern will help support to execute bid preparation for specific projects as well as support the overall team with sales and pipeline related tasks. With guidance from the sector leaders, the intern will be responsible for:
- Supporting proposal generation processes spanning all relevant stake holders involved in producing a proposal to meet all deadlines without affecting the quality of the submission including but not limited to Customers, Partners, Legal, Marketing and Engineering
- Supporting workflow processes in partnership with support organizations to generate fast, accurate, compelling quotes for customer projects
- Provide accurate reporting and forecasting across the Utility Energy Storage team including projects and pipeline through close engagement with project development teams
During this project, the intern will work closely with other cross functional teams across the business.
- Currently pursuing a MBA, MS, or strong bachelor’s degree in economics/engineering
- Demonstrated and extensive analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and support hypothesis with data
- Ability to work across multiple teams to gain input and consensus
- Background in electricity and passion for sustainable energy (preferred)