Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
Tesla is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to perform electrical engineering activities for our Energy Products design team. This individual will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers to deliver innovative, best in class products that support Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Support design and development of digital electronics, analog electronics, and small power supplies for energy products
- Collaborative work with mechanical, firmware, EMC, RF, design validation, thermal design, compliance, reliability, and manufacturing test engineers
- Working toward BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE preferred)
- Out of classroom relevant project experience (Formula SAE, solar car, internships, etc.)
- Familiarity with use of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices
- Familiarity with digital communication busses (CAN, Ethernet, RS-485, USB, SPI, I2C, etc.)
- Familiarity with analog sensors and signal conditioning circuits
- Familiarity with board level power supplies (buck, boost, flyback, etc.)
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with wireless communication features (cellular, Wi-Fi)
- Experience with PCB layout, plane definition, and EMC optimization
- Embedded programming of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices
- Experience working on high voltage, high power systems